Restore Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300T to Android 4.0.4 ICS TDUALF2 Stock Firmware If you happen to’ve bricked your Galaxy S3 I9300T or in case you’ve installed a custom ROM or you flashed a kernel that isn’t working for together with your device, then it is best to use the info listed in this article and you’ll learn how to efficiently restore your device to a stock ICS TDUALF2 stock firmware. Read the whole post and only after that you must begin to apply the instructions I’ve listed in it.
Not that this information is for advanced Android users solely and also you shouldn’t try to flash inventory firmware in case you’re a newbie and you don’t know exactly learn how to properly use Odin software or a custom recovery image. Earlier than we are able to start the installation of this firmware you will want to learn the preparation guide and study what actions it is best to take and by doing this you received’t be pressured to repeat the tutorial more than once.
The Galaxy S3 I9300T was launched this month and a number of customers already managed to install Custom ROMs and new kernels to enhance their machine’s total performances. Additionally, some of these customers mentioned that some custom ROMs bricked their system and that now they would wish for a tutorial to show them the way to efficiently restore a stock firmware that can assist them restore their S3 phone. Now, before you start putting in the stock firmware it’s essential to learn the pre-requisites guide data
install the Samsung KIES on your PC so that you’ll apply the Samsung USB Drivers. These are needed if you wish for your Galaxy S3 to be recognized while we’re installing the new firmware. If you don’t want to use KIES, then please use these direct download links for the phone drivers: Samsung USB drivers for Windows 32bit (x86) OS version |Samsung USB drivers for Windows 64bit (64bit) OS version.
Backup the applications and SMS, Call Logs then you should use the following tools :
- How to Download SMS Backup & Restore App For Android Phone
- Backup and Restore Current ROM Using ClockWorkMod Recovery
Restore Galaxy S3 I9300T to stock Android 4.0.4 ICS TDUALF2 firmware:
- Download the TDUALF2 stock firmware zip file from here or here.
- Extract the file contained in the TDUALF2 zip and save it on your PC desktop. It should be a ‘.tar.md5′ file.
- Download ODIN3 v3.04 from here.
- Now extract the ODIN zip contents and save them on your computer’s desktop. Save the file in a single folder.
- Power off the device.
- Boot it into Download Mode. To do that you need to press ‘volume down’ + ‘home’ + ‘power’ buttons. Confirm that you wish to load download mode by pressing Volume Up when you’re seeing the phone’s screen booting up.
- Now launch ODIN executable and after that connect the I9300T device to your computer. ODIN will now display a message that tells you that the phone has been added. In case you don’t see such message then you should return to the preparation guide and install the Samsung USB Drivers. If everything went according to plan and download mode has been entered and all drivers are OK then you can move to the next step.
- When the Download Mode has been loaded on your phone, you should return to your PC and in ODIN click the button that is called ‘PDA’.
- Load the TDUALF2 file with the ‘.tar.md5′ extension, the one you’ve extracted at step 2. Click START in Odin and wait until all files are installed successfully. Do not change any default ODIN settings.
- That’s it, after you complete the installation, ODIN will reboot your device and you should disconnect it from your PC when the Samsung Logo appears. Now, ODIN should display a ‘PASS’ message and it means that all files where installed successfully. and your phone will boot into its stock ICS home screen.
If your device isn’t going past the Samsung Logo, then it means it got stuck and you need to remove its battery and after that re-insert it and boot the phone into custom recovery mode. To enter recovery mode you need to press the following buttons at the same time: volume up, home and power. Keep them pressed until the Samsung display boots up and recovery mode is loaded.
In recovery mode select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’ and after that you need to confirm this action. Now, select ‘wipe cache partition’ and confirm. Return to the main recovery menu and select ‘reboot system now’.
Now your Galaxy S3 I9300T will boot normally in Android 4.0.4 ICS TDUALF2 stock firmware and you can start testing its functions and features. Now, if you will ever wish to install a new custom ROM, you will need to root the device once again. To find other rooting and updating guides for the Galaxy S3 I9300T you should click the device’s name listed under the article’s photo.
For any extra questions or if you have any tips&tricks regarding I9300T phone, Android 4.0.4 ICS and restoring stock firmware then you should post them in our comments section. I think that this is all the info I had for you and now you should return to your phone and test its ICS functions. Thank you for reading How to Restore Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300T to Android 4.0.4 ICS TDUALF2 Stock Firmware please coment if there is a problem
Latest posts by Falakhul Asyhar (see all)
- Backup / Restore EFS Partition of Samsung Galaxy Android Phones - April 19, 2014
- Install Galaxy S5 G900F / G900H ClockworkMod Recovery 6 CWM - April 19, 2014
- Install Galaxy S5 G900H XXU1ANCI Android 4.4.2 Official Firmware - April 19, 2014